0.50mm End Mill with ring, used to mill large paths in the FR4 board material.
End mills are used to mill large paths in the FR4 board material. The width of the cutting edge of an end mill is the size of the end mill. FR4 is highly abrasive and requires the use of specialist end mills, PCB Supplies supply the highest of quality End Mills made of high grade Tungsten Carbide which feature very high cutting performances whilst maintaining the tightest production tolerances.
These mills can be used for copper removal by providing straight-sided and flat-bottomed isolation paths with minimal penetration into the substrate. Recommended for insulation milling of RF and Microwave circuitry. Endmills include distance rings for systems with automatic tool change. Used for rub out paths.
We hold stock of End Mills ranging between 0.1mm diameter and 3.0mm diameter, all of which have a two flute geometry.
Depth Setting Rings
We recommend that bits are fitted with depth setting rings. This will allow you to set the plunge depth stop on your drill press to a single value that will work for all bit diameters.
All of our bits can be purchased with or without rings. When ordering drills with depth rings, you may specify the depth ring position to suit your requirements.
Drill Distance Rings are plastic collars that are set precisely onto the shank of a drill bit, end-mill or router bit. The ring is positioned relative to the tip of the tool, the positioning is micrometer set for precise distance setting.
We can provide tool rings for automatic tool change systems and LPKF "S" series machines, such as ProtoMat S62, ProtoMat 95s and LPKF 101 Hi-P Automill systems.
We have a number of available ring colours:
In use, because the shank-side of the ring is pressed against the collet of the milling or drilling machine when the tool is loaded, the tip of the bit will be at a specific distance form the machine collet. this ensures repeatability when inserting milling bits, especially useful when performing precise processes like Insulation routing (copper removal to create PCB tracks).
- Using tool rings, the machine operator can lower the tool, confident that the depth of cut will be as required and repeatable, even when the tool is changed
- Tool Distance Rings are almost always used on machine with automatic tool changers, however many machine operators with manual machines prefer the convenience of the Drill distance Ring.
- Tool Distance Rings can be a savior when using expensive tools (micro drills) where reference surface calibrate may damage or break the tip of the tool.
- Our Drill/Mill bits are available with or without depth setting rings. There is no charge to add the rings, but when ordering it is important to specify the exact distance that you require the rings to be set.
- Distance Rings can be placed on any of the drill bits we supply. If you require any specific ring colours on your tools then please contact our Sales department after placing your order.
If you order a customer distance or a specific colour we will try to keep this information on record, so that next time you order we can make up the order to your standard distance.